Bakery Production Manager
Company: Blazing Bagels and Bakery Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2021
At Blazing Bagels the Bakery Production Manager is responsible
for overseeing all aspects of our Redmond production facility. In
this position, you will be primarily focused on managing day-to-day
operations for the various teams that comprise the operations
department including hiring, scheduling, and overseeing the work of
team members by performing the following duties personally or in
collaboration with direct reports.This is a FT exempt position with
a flexible schedule, candidates will primarily be expected to work
Monday-Friday with occasional nights/weekends as required.Essential
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creatively motivated to both source and use available products
to create new items for Blazing Bagels.
- Maintains department records of productivity and inventory,
including production schedules, timecards, accident reports, and
- Continually negotiates with vendors for best pricing.
- Implements proper health, safety, and sanitation guidelines and
addresses any concerns immediately; ensures bakery is clean and
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to
- Ensures employees are preparing products according to company
recipes and standards.
- Determines variety and quantity of bagels and other baked goods
to be produced.
- Monitors inventory of baked goods and supplies; determines and
coordinates the purchase of ingredients.
- Plans product and materials distribution to cafes and
coordinates delivery with drivers.
- Addresses all equipment issues immediately and communicates
with the facilities team to coordinate necessary repairs.
- Develops and maintains productive, respectful, and
collaborative working relationships with peers, subordinates, and
- Is available for and provides ongoing training and coaching,
and communicates regularly with all bakery staff; possesses
coaching/mentoring skills and blends support with accountability
and challenging others to grow.
- Documents performance or behavior concerns of staff members via
written write-ups, coaching documentation, and/or goal
- Adheres to and reinforces Blazing Bagels' policies, procedures,
and training guidelines. What you Bring:
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in retail, commercial, or
- Degree or technical certification relevant to baking, business,
food science, or other relevant fields.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. The
ability to speak Spanish is helpful.
- Ability to do basic math including addition, subtraction,
division, and multiplication.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret recipes.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, with a creative mindset for
problem-solving and R&D.
- Ability to remain and calm and composed during periods of high
volume or stress that come with a 24-hour operation.
What we Bring:
- Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D,
- PTO & Comp Time plans for exempt team members
- Generous product discounts
- A fun and fulfilling environment
- Flexible Scheduling PI127429359
Keywords: Blazing Bagels and Bakery Inc, South Hill , Bakery Production Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!